- Measures DC inputs up to ±300 V / ±100 mA with spans as low as 25 mV / 0.5 mA
- Passive/active current output and buffered voltage output
- Fast < 20 ms response time and excellent 0.05% accuracy
- Universally powered by 21.6…253 VAC / 19.2…300 VDC
Universal uni-/bipolar signal transmitter
$ 1 Get an Offer
- Fast < 20 ms response time for measuring signals produced by torque, position, current & acceleration sensors.
- User configurable bipolar or unipolar I/O means the 4184 is suitable for nearly any DC voltage or current conversion.
- Freely programmable between ±300 VDC and ±100 mA.
- The excitation source allows measurement of a 2-wire or 3-wire transmitter, or a potentiometer.
- Converts narrow bipolar inputs to wide bipolar or unipolar outputs, e.g., ±1 volt input = ±10 volt or 4…20 mA output.
- Configurable input limits control the output value for increased safety.
- ±20 VDC buffered voltage output for controlling devices like the PVG 32 valve (6…18 VDC).
- Designed according to strict safety requirements and is therefore suitable for application in SIL 2 installations.
- Suitable for the use in systems up to Performance Level “d” according to ISO-13849.
- The latest analog and digital techniques are used to obtain maximum accuracy and immunity to interference.
- Possibility of output safety readback by selecting S4…20 mA output.
- The current output can drive up to 1000 Ohms, with an adjustable response time of 0.0…60.0 seconds.
- Exceptional mA output load stability of < 0.001% of span / 100 Ohm.
- Meets the NAMUR NE21 recommendations, ensuring high accuracy in harsh EMC environments.
- Meets the NAMUR NE43 recommendations, allowing the control system to easily detect a sensor error.
- Tested to a high 2.3 kVAC, 3-port galvanic isolation level.
- Excellent signal to noise ratio of > 60 dB.
Mounting / installation / programming
- Very low power consumption means units can be mounted side by side without an air gap – even at 60°C ambient temperature.
- Configuration, monitoring, 2-point process calibration and more are accomplished using PR’s 4500 series of detachable displays.
- All programming can be password-protected.